The J. Crew advertisement controversy in the U.S.





We read:
"For those who have not already seen it, the ad features Jenna Lyons, a designer for the preppy clothing company posing with her 5-year-old son Beckett. I almost missed it the first time, but if you look carefully you can see that Beckett's toenails are painted pink. Underneath the photo reads the caption, "Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon."

The image has outraged some social conservatives who claim that this kind of behavior torments children and confuses them about their sexual identity. Erica Brown, a writer for the conservative Media Research Center Network, wrote that the ads such as J. Crew "features blatant propaganda celebrating transgendered children."

Source

I think it's just propaganda too. I can't imagine a little boy painting his toenails pink. Little boys are the ultimate "sexists": They despise girls or anything girly.

The writer excerpted above is a psychologist who goes on to imply that it is perfectly normal for boys to play with dolls and girls to play with toy trucks (etc.). He must have stranger kids than any I have ever met. More likely he has not been involved in bringing up kids at all. I'm a psychologist too but I don't need research to tell me what just about any parent knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them