Now that's balls!

National Post - As if being the only British matador did not make him enough of an unlikely figure in the Spanish bullring, former butcher Frank Evans is returning to fight again at the age of 67.



Mr. Evans made his farewell appearance in 2005 in Benalmadena, southern Spain, a serious knee injury from his early days playing rugby having caught up with him.



But after reconstructive surgery and a quadruple heart bypass, "El Ingles," who turns 67 today, is ready to do battle again and makes his official comeback on Aug. 30 in Benalmadena.

"Inside, I am 25," joked the man who is stepping back into an arena dominated by glamorous athletic young bullfighters. "I keep myself very fit and as long as I can cope with it I'm going to carry on."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them