The horror and brutality of Gitmo!

Washington Post - Salim Ahmed Hamdan, an alleged al-Qaeda driver who faces a historic military trial next week, testified Tuesday that a female interrogator elicited information from him using sexually suggestive behavior that he called "improper." Hamdan, a former driver for Osama bin Laden who is accused in a terrorism conspiracy, told a military court that during questioning in 2002, a female interrogator "came close to me, she came very close, with her whole body towards me. I couldn't do anything. I was afraid of the soldiers." "Did she touch your thigh?" asked Hamdan's attorney Charles Swift. "Yes. . . . I said to her, 'What do you want?' " Hamdan said at a pretrial hearing.

"She said, 'I want you to answer all of my questions.' " "Did you answer all of her questions after that?" Swift asked. Hamdan said he did. Hamdan's attorneys are seeking to persuade a judge to throw out incriminating statements he allegedly made to interrogators at the U.S. military prison here, arguing that they were obtained through coercive tactics. In his testimony, Hamdan said he was repeatedly held in solitary confinement and sometimes deprived of sleep by guards who banged on his cell door every few minutes. He acknowledged, however, that he also took naps of up to three hours on some afternoons. Hat tip Dinah Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them