A Rose By Any Other Name

Finally. Finally. Someone in the MSM finally got it right. I was watching Lou Dobbs on CNN tonight and was taken aback, in a pleasant way, by his continued use of the phrase Hezbollah terrorists. Why is this significant? Because it seems the vast majority of journalists today prefer such neutral terms as militants or guerrillas or some other equally ridiculous descriptive when talking about terrorists, particularly when it involves Israel. It's usually Hamas guerrillas this or Hezbollah militants that. I'm not sure of the reason for this sanitizing but it really gets tiring. We all know what they are so why the problem?

I had almost given up hope on the MSM with respect to this issue until this evening. As I'm sure you know, Lou Dobbs anchors Lou Dobbs Tonight on CNN. As I was watching his program he made reference to the Hezbollah terrorists. Thinking this was simply a slip of the tongue, especially considering the network in question, I continued to watch as the program was interesting. Truth be told I often enjoy watching Lou Dobbs. Lo and behold he said it again ... and again ... and again. This was no miscue. I'm not sure how many times he said Hezbollah terrorists but it was certainly more than just a couple. He was serious and determined. I couldn't believe my ears. A North American journalist actually called a terrorist a terrorist. I think I may have witnessed history in the making. I don't know how many of you caught the show but it was very refreshing. Congrats to Lou Dobbs for having the balls to call a spade a spade. I suppose I should also congratulate CNN for not trying to stop him. Perhaps there is some hope for this network afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them