How Disappointing

Colour me foolish. I actually believed that Chevy Chase wasn't like other actors, in that he thought for himself. Well, it turns out that he's just another sheep in the righteous and outraged Bushchimp flock:
Even Hollywood liberals were left reeling after Chevy Chase's potty-mouthed Bush-bashing Tuesday night at the Kennedy Center, where the actor hosted an awards ceremony staged by People for the American Way.

The WASHINGTON POST on Thursday claims Chase unleashed a rant against President Bush that stunned the crowd.

He deployed the four-letter word that got Vice President Dick Cheney in hot water, using it as a noun. Chase called the prez a "dumb (expletive)." He also used it as an adjective, assuring the audience, "I'm no (expletive) clown either. ... This guy started a jihad."

Chase also said: "This guy in office is an uneducated, real lying schmuck ... and we still couldn't beat him with a bore like Kerry."

People for the American Way distanced itself Wednesday from the actor's rant.

Founder Norman Lear tells the paper: "I thought it was utterly untoward, obviously unexpected and unscripted and all that stuff. And, uh _ it was Chevy Chase. He'll live with it, I won't."
Asshole.

Why don't these people ever pull themselves up and say "Hey, I'm an actor. I should really think twice before I make use of my public platform to bash a government that is doing everything possible to keep me safe in the real world."

Chevy Chase everyone. The man whose last movie was National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them